Games are played around every corner of the world, let it be indoor or the outdoor games. The online gaming has changed the scenario. The people who were never fond of games are now the avid gamers. The popularity of online gaming and the improvements in the gaming industry have made gaming a pleasurable experience. The coming up of some of the best VoIP services has been a big revolution in the gaming industry too. Discord is among one such popular service that has revolutionized gaming and has taken it to the next level. The people can now enjoy playing the games online while connecting to their friends over Discord servers and taking to each other during the gameplay. Let’s learn more about it in details.
What is Discord – Everything you need to know!
Discord is one of the most popular VoIP apps that are tailored for the gamers around the world. This application has got some of the most overwhelming features that are hard to find in any other app of its type. It is readily available for Mac, Windows, Linux, iOS, and Android. The Discord Browser has also been launched to help you out access some of the app features without any hassle. At present, this stunning application has over 45 million users around the globe.
The person behind this revolutionary software is Jason Citron who was also the founder of OpenFeint, a social gaming platform for mobile gamers (the services are now been shutdown). Discord was launched in May, 2015 and gained popularity through LAN tournaments, eSports, and also through the Twitch TV streamers. The company received USD 20 million in funding and released the features like Discord Screen Share and Discord Video call which were a big release by its developers. The Discord Voice Chat feature was available since the launch of this application.
Discord Software Package – What’s Cooking Inside?
The developers who programmed the Discord software have done a miracle and many updates are still to come. To proceed with Discord app download, you need to visit the official website and do Discord Login there. The Discord Windows, Discord Linux, Discord Mac, Discord iOS, and Discord Android versions are available for download for the users across the globe. The software is built on a powerful Electron Framework. Discord API was also launched in end of 2016 to help the developers integrate different things with Discord servers. In January 2017, the very first paid feature Discord Nitro was launched. Discord Web launched before already did wonders and now more features are coming up.
What is Discord Bot?
Before we move further and learn how to make a Discord bot and how to add bot to Discord, it is important to understand what a bot is and how it functions. The Discord bot is a function or functionality that can enhance the overall user experience by adding different features to the servers. The bots are basically the applications which are owned and governed by users. One can make use of Discord bot API to use the bots owned by some other users or can create his/her own bot using the Discord bot creator. The Discord bots can also be found on few unofficial and the official Discord bot website as well. You can access them using the username and token in place of password.
Best Features of Discord Bots
- You can’t add bots to your friend list.
- You need to use token to access the bots.
- Bots do not accept the invites. You have to make request using OAuth2 system for joining Discord server.
- Bots are restricted to just 100 guilds and if they start taking more guilds, you must upgrade the plan.
- In the Discord bot account, the users are restricted to send certain number of messages per minute per guild or server.
- The bots can even join many servers simultaneously.
- Discord bot Github site and Carbonetix are the place from where you can access different bots.
How to make a Discord Bot – Complete Guide
You are at the right place if you wanted to know how to create a Discord bot. Follow this step-by-step guide carefully to learn how to make a Discord bot with Discord Bot maker.
- Go to the Discord account and do Discord sign in to enter inside the account.
- Click on the option – ‘New Application’.
- You now have to give a ‘Name’ and ‘Photo’ to your bot. It’s not mandatory to add the ‘Description’ to it.
- Click on the option ‘Create Application’ and go to next page and scroll down till the option ‘Create a Bot User’ is visible. Click on that.
- Now click on the option ‘Yes, do it!’.
- You can find the bot token in the ‘App Bot User’ section.
- Click on the option ‘Click to Reveal’ to get the token.
- After getting the token, invite the bot to the server and simply replace YOUR_CLIENT_ID_HEREin the URL https://Discordapp.com/oauth2/authorize?&client_id=YOUR_CLIENT_ID_HERE&scope=bot&permissions=0 with the Client ID from page located above under ‘App Details’. Now paste the link on the browser and you can see the page like this.
- Select server from dropdown and then tap on ‘Authorize’ option.
- Start the bot and enjoy chatting. Discord offers free Discord Bot hosting till it consumes limited resources.