It becomes very annoying that as soon as you boot your PC and your Windows launches and all of a sudden some programs begin to autostart.
Although you may use those programs later on, but not at the launch. This becomes very annoying to deal with and if Discord is given the permission to autostart soon after the Windows loads up then you should probably disable Auto Start for Discord.
How to disable AutoStart for Discord?
To disable autostart on your PC for Discord follow these steps. Make sure that you follow each step carefully. Let’s get started!
- Open Task Manager on your Windows PC.
- Once Task Manager is opened click on More Details.
- From the tabs, select Startup.
- Search for Discord and you will see that in Status Tab, it is Enabled.
- While Discord is selected, click on the Disable button at the bottom right hand of the Task Manager window.
- Autostartup for Discord will now be disabled.
There is also an alternative way to turn of Discord autostart for your PC.
- Open Discord.
- Go to User Settings > Windows Settings.
- Toggle the slider off next to Open Discord.
By doing so, Discord won’t automatically start when you boot your PC.